to a world of warm ocean breezes and pampered relaxation…
The SeaGlass Inn Bed & Breakfast will transport you to the romantic coastal getaway you deserve!
We have left nothing to chance in making sure our guests have a memorable and satisfying vacation experience. Our elegantly appointed rooms are equipped with every amenity to make your stay exceptional and you’ll be indulged with delectable breakfasts, scrumptous sweet treats, unlimited coffee bar and evening happy hours.
The historic SeaGlass Inn was built in 1915 and was originally a boarding house owned by the McCormick sisters. Travelers came by ferry to our Melbourne Beach pier, boarded a small rail car, and traveled down Ocean Avenue to the beach. The SeaGlass Inn Bed and Breakfast has preserved the traditional island-style setting in the inviting Historic Inn House and added the Treehouse Cabana which features six brand new rooms. This unique addition is built around a majestic oak tree that comes right through the roof! You’ll delight in the tropical atmosphere of our spacious courtyard with a heated swimming pool, glistening glass firepit and more. Make yourself at home here in the shade of mature mango trees ~ enjoy family gatherings and events ~ and stay for a while. It’s a wonderfully comfortable and captivating place.
The SeaGlass Inn Bed & Breakfast is located in the charming town of Melbourne Beach ~ a barrier island oasis on central Florida’s Atlantic shore that is truly one of the best kept secrets on the coast! Here, you can stroll to sunrises on pristine beaches to the east – and spectacular sunsets over the beautiful Indian River Lagoon to the west. In between, you’ll find a multitude of fine and casual dining options, as well as beautiful parks and local events to enhance your holiday enjoyment.
If you are coming for the beach, you will not be disappointed! Miles of quiet, sandy beaches and our blissful Florida weather help make Melbourne Beach the tropical escape of your dreams. Surf, fish, sunbathe, gather shells and seaglass… You will love it here and will marvel at the awesome wildlife that graces our shores in abundance, including dolphins, manatees and whales! We are also a designated sea turtle nesting area and a haven for magnificent birdlife.
All this and more, and yet we are around the corner from Orlando’s tourism attractions for those visitors wanting to enjoy a diversity of entertainment options. To learn more about Melbourne Beach and the activities available to visitors, please click here: Melbourne Beach Area and Activities
SeaGlass Inn Bed & Breakfast, 514 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL
From Melbourne International Airport:
Only 7 Miles. Exit the airport and head east on West Nassau Boulevard until it ends at U.S. Highway 1. Turn right (south) on U.S. Highway 1. Turn left (east) on Highway 192. Cross the Melbourne Causeway over to the barrier island and turn right at the first light (Riverside Drive). Follow Riverside Drive until it turns east and becomes Ocean Avenue. SeaGlass Inn is just about a block down the road on the left.
From Orlando International Airport:
Only 67 Miles. Take Highway 520 to I-95. Head south on I-95 to Exit 180 (Highway 192) and head east toward Melbourne. Cross the Melbourne Causeway over to the barrier island and turn right at the first light (Riverside Drive). Follow Riverside Drive until it turns east and becomes Ocean Avenue. SeaGlass Inn is just about a block down the road on the left.
of this beautiful tropical retreat…
Here are some of the features that make SeaGlass Inn Bed and Breakfast so special ~
Beautifully appointed rooms featuring:
- Luxury bedding & premium linens and towels
- Elegant decor
- Flat-screen television
- In-room mini refrigerator
- Sitting area
- Exceptional baths with a variety of features
- Desks and complimentary wireless internet
- Private air conditioning
- Outdoor sitting area
Additional complimentary features:
- Delicious 2-course, sit-down breakfasts in our charming Dining Room
- Evening Happy Hour with wine and light hors d’oeuvres
- Coffee and Sweet Treats
- Expansive Tropical Courtyard with Sitting and Lounging Areas
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Glistening Glass Firepit
- Historic Inn House with Sitting Room
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Bicycles, Beach Chairs, Umbrellas and Towels
- Tennis Equipment for Lighted Tennis Courts across the street
- Private Parking
- Book Library
SeaGlass Inn Bed & Breakfast Photo Gallery
Historic House Photos
Treehouse Cabana Photos
SeaGlass Inn Tropical Courtyard
- Check In: 3:00 p.m. Check Out: 11:00 a.m.
- Breakfast: Full breakfast served daily 8:30 a.m to 10:00 a.m.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum 2 night stay on weekends during months of January thru April & holiday weekends.
- Deposit Amount Required: One night room charge is required to hold reservation.
- Cancellations: No shows or less than a 10 day cancellation or rescheduling notice will result in a charge equal to the first night’s room charge. Reservations must be cancelled or rescheduled 10 days prior to the scheduled arrival or deposit will be forfeited. Cancellations and reschedules with 10 or more days notice are subject to a $35.00 re-booking fee.
- Open All Year Round: Yes
- Smoking Allowed: No
- Guest Pets Allowed: No
- Suitable for Children: Ages 10 and above